In July of 1959, Harry L Green Jr. and Jonnie Priestly Green purchased the existing Chevrolet dealership in Clarksburg, WV. The dealership was located in the west end of Clarksburg close to the current WBOY television station. The dealership operated under the direction of Harry L. Green Jr. at that location until 1964 when it was moved to it’s present location on Old Bridgeport Hill.
The dealership grew under Mr. Green’s direction from several employees to its present number of 115. Mr. Green and his family always understood that any successful business has to be an integral part of the fabric of the community which it serves. Harry Green Chevrolet Nissan has always tried to keep faithful to this business philosophy.
As the business grew, two new automotive franchises were added. In 1979 the dealership acquired the AMC/Jeep franchise, selling and servicing Jeep vehicles until 2009. The Nissan car and truck line was added in 1987, and has enjoyed the same success that the Green Family brought to Chevrolet in this area.
Through the years, the Harry Green Family has supported numerous community organizations such as: The Harrison County YMCA, Boy Scouts of America, local youth sports organizations, the West Virginia Italian Heritage Festival, as well as many other church and civic groups.
Harry and Jonnie Green with their son Hal Green and their many employees have enjoyed watching the dealership blossom from humble beginnings to one of the most successful and recognized automobile dealerships in the state.